Temporary Tattoos – Face Painting - Setup & Directions
Supplies for Temporary Tattoos – Face Painting:
Face Paint (must be paint designed to apply to skin) Brushes/sponges to apply paint AND/OR Temporary Tattoos
Game Set Up:
Before the carnival, make an Example Board to show the different designs available for the children.
If you use face paint, choose simple designs like heart, rainbow, ladybug, flower, baseball, balloons, and a star just to name a few.
How to run the Temporary Tattoos – Face Painting Booth:
Carnival volunteers apply different designs to children’s faces – typically the charge for this is about 50 cents.
The face painting booth is great fun at a carnival and one that most children will enjoy – the decorated faces make for fantastic photos too – don’t forget, all volunteers will look great with a decorated face!
Easy Steps to Applying Removable Tattoos:
1. Remove tattoo from plastic sleeve
2. Peel off the clear protective cover from the tattoo.
3. Place the tattoo (decoration side down) on the child's skin.(Note: the skin should be clean and dry -- so water, sweat or freshly applied sunscreen could prevent the tattoo from sticking to the skin)
4. Take a wet baby wipe and gently press on the back of the tattoo for 30 - 45 seconds completely soaking the backing paper.
5. Slowly peel up one edge of the tattoo making sure it has adhered to the skin. You are done with your fast, easy face painting!
Additional Hints & Tips:
Note: If it is not windy or breezy on the day of your carnival go ahead and lay out some tattoos on the table and let the children choose their designs and hand to the volunteers!